Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Quiet in Blog Land

Pottery Update - My blog might be quiet but the studio is active.  Productive no, but I have been going through a huge learning phase.  7 weeks ago I made some new glazes and they have been a challenge but I'm getting very close to fixing them.  It will take a little bit of tweaking over the next few months but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

I  finally ran out of clay and had to switch brands which is proving to be a whole new set of challenges.  Luckily I have lots of online resources and wonderful potters who have been giving me tons of very useful advice that is making all the difference.

Needless to say, I do not have any pictures of new work to post.  Oh I have lots of pictures of my disasters that I have been sending to people for advice since a picture says a thousand words.  What would we do without digital cameras and the Internet?

Crochet Design Update - I have just completed a commissioned felted bag.  As soon as I sew on the button I will post some pictures.  I haven't been crocheting as much lately because my pottery dilemma's are eating up a fair chunk of my spare time.  But I have ordered some new 100% wool which should felt nicely.  Another experiment, just like my pottery, the experimenting never ends.  Who said that hobbies are supposed to be calming and relaxing?  *sigh*

Work has been busy and my spare time a little stressful but I keep telling myself it will all pay off when I get it figured out.  Wine helps too.  Sometimes a lot of wine.  And when I am feeling really frustrated or angry all I have to do is turn on the news and realize that my little problems are so completely insignificant to everything else going on all over the world and I should just be grateful I have a home, a job, a family, a safe place to live and spare time to create with clay and yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment