Thursday, May 5, 2011

Updates from the Studio

I keep updating my Facebook Page but I keep forgetting about my beloved blog!  To keep up-to-date on what is going on in the studio Facebook is the best place to find me!

I am currently working on a new crochet design.  I am making it up as I go along and should really start taking notes in case I want to duplicate it.  It is called my Artsy Fartsy Hippie Tunic, LOL.  I am using a spectacular yarn I have been dying to try for eons and bit the bullet and paid for the crazy shipping costs from the US.  Lions Brand 'Amazing' is the type of yarn I have chosen for this project.

As I write this I am currently doing a glaze firing.  I am still trying to master these new sets of glazes in hopes that today's firing schedule will do the trick.  My kiln is 100% manual which means I really cannot go anywhere during the 9 - 10 hours of the firing but at least I work from home (my real job) so I can run out and turn up the temperature even if I am on the phone with a client.

I have been working on serving platters, butter dishes and bird feeders.  I also picked some skunk cabbage leaves yesterday and will make some platters using them this weekend.  They are sitting in water in my studio right now and my entire studio smells like skunk!  I actually like that smell as I have many very good childhood memories with the smell of skunk in the background.

Photos to come soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment