Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Yarn Bomb #1

Is it art or it is graffiti?  I've always loved the idea of yarn bombing.  I think it should be tasteful, fun, colourful but mostly makes people smile or laugh.  It can be creative or whimsical or carry a message.  It is a conversation starter amongst strangers.  It can brighten up a dull space.  There are many websites dedicated to yarn bombing as well as even larger art installations like the one in Melbourne, Australia later this month .  Yarn bombing can be knit or crochet or even hand knit items.

Here is my first yarn bomb called "Winter Blues"



CONTEST - The first 3 people who identify where the yarn bomb is wins their choice of one of my ceramic fern impressed wall hangings.  BUT there is a catch.  You must take a photo of yourself standing beside the yarn bomb and post it on my Facebook Page.

2 comments:

  1. Not fair to the out of state friends (out of country!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I were to make you a yarn bomb and mail it to you, would you put it up somewhere in IL?

      Delete